In 1948, at the corner of 18th and Halsted in Chicago, Eugene H. Lynn opened the first of his three hardware stores. It was the third store though, in Brookfield, IL, which would become the cornerstone of our future. In 1973, the name was changed to "Lynn Supply" and we began to actively pursue the industrial mill and janitorial markets. E.H. Lynn Industries became a corporation in 1976. During those three years, different customers were discovered for the range of products that we handled and we found ourselves selling more and more hose, valves and fittings to the petrochemical market. In the early '80's, E.H. Lynn Industries made a decision to focus on bulk transportation carriers and nine years later moved to Broadview, IL.
The summer of 1995 again brought about major change to the company. The sons (John "Chip," Greg and James) purchased all outstanding stock, thus establishing the next generation of leadership. Since then, we have enhanced our sales force, instituted an ongoing "Total Quality Program", become a member of "Boston/Dana Certified Chemical Hose Distributors," started a rebuilding shop for much of the equipment we distribute and opened a "Customer Service Center" in Joliet, IL. However, due to our relocation to Romeoville, IL, the Joliet Service Center has since ceased operations (June 1998).
With special thanks to our major core customers, and over 500 other active supporting accounts, our growth has forced us to move into a larger facility in Romeoville, IL; the move occurred in November of 1998 - the year marking our 50th Year in Business!
E.H. Lynn Industries' mission is to offer our customers product quality, competitive pricing, customized programs and relationships based on trust; and to generate profitable growth to ensure our future stability for our shareholders and employees.
Our Quality Statement
5) Engage in programs which help to improve the competitiveness of our industry.
Powered by Aldrich Web Solutions